The Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens is well-suited for portraiture and other mid-range subjects. It features a f/ 2.8 maximum aperture. As a macro lens, this 100mm lens offers a 1:1 maximum magnification and an 11.8" minimum focusing distance. Complementing close-up shooting, its Image Stabilizer minimizes the camera shake by two stops at full 1:1 magnification or up to four stops at lower magnifications for sharper handheld shooting. It also contributing to smooth and intuitive handling. The ring-type USM and internal focusing design offers quick, quiet and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. In regard to its optical assets, one ultra-low dispersion element is featured to control colour fringing and chromatic aberrations. The lens Super Spectra coating has been applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity. The Canon 10mm f/2.8 lens is weather-sealed for working in inclement conditions.
- This lens is ideal for macro shooting. It offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 11.8" to suit working with close-up subjects.
- It’s one ultra-low dispersion (UD) element greatly reduces chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- The lens Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- The lens has an Optical Image Stabilizer which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.