The Canon EF 180mm f/3.5L Macro USM lens is an L-series prime well-suited for high detail shooting with a comfortable working distance. For macro applications, this lens affords a life-size, 1:1 maximum magnification along with a 1.6' minimum focusing distance, however, its long focal length is also ideal for portraiture and other closely cropped mid-length shooting needs. In regard to its optical design, three ultra-low dispersion elements are used to control colour fringing and chromatic aberrations and a Super Spectra coating have been applied to reduce flare and ghosting. Benefitting these assets is an internal floating focusing system that works to maintain image quality throughout the entire focus range. An Ultrasonic Motor is used to provide quick and quiet autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus, and a Focus Limiter function also helps to ensure fast focus speeds.
- Medium-length telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however, can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 288mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.6' to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Three ultra-low dispersion (UD) elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges for faster focusing performance: 1.6'-infinity and 4.9'-infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.